Home to one of the world's most challenging links courses, Humewood is consistently ranked as one of South Africa's Top golf courses. The late Bobby Locke considered Humewood Golf Course to be the best in South Africa and said that it compared favourably with the top links courses in the British Isles. Humewood has hosted the South African Amateur 10 times and the South African Open 5 times.
Found in the coastal city of Port Elizabeth, the golf course is a genuine seaside links, with wide and undulating fairways, fast greens and thick coastal bush. A round is a must for any golfer visiting the 'Friendly City' of Port Elizabeth.
The course boasts a variety of animal life with an abundance of plovers, otherwise known as "kiewietjies", one of which makes up the club's emblem. And, after your round of golf, relax at the "19th" in the elegant Club House and indulge in a spectacular view over the links course itself as well as Algoa Bay.
Why Join Humewood Golf Club?
- The only true links in Africa
- Top ranked course in South Africa
- Host of prestigious tournaments including the SA Open and SA Amateur
- Friendly members and staff
- Organised competitions and club events
- Fantastic affordable food
- Stunning Golf Course with new bent grass greens
- Renowned Club spirit